No Setup fee on Hetzner for all of July - Happy 10th Anniversary to them

Shu

BOSS OG
Admin

2   0   0
Credits
I just noticed that Hetzner is celebrating its 10th year anniversary in the industry and I have to say this. I have been with them from the past 1.5 years and I have loved them. Even when I had issues, they were quick to replace my whole server and move me to a new rack and they even mount the ISO file I send them on a usb and stick it to the server so I can install over KVM-console.

I just grabbed their EX62. My second i9 with them.

I got

i9-9900k
2x 8TB 7200rpm HDD which I'll combine in RAID0
1x 1TB nVME as addon
1x 64GB USD stick as an addon
with 1Gbps unmetered bandwidth
for about 85 euro/mo

I would highly recommend their FSN1 DC if you are an uploader and need a cheaper and better RDP. Their helsinki DC is about 5eur cheaper but you won't get as good peering with the file hosts as you'd get in their other DC

If you need help in installing windows on their auction boxes or any of the dedicated, let me know.

as a disclaimer, I don't get paid for posting it here and there's no personal gain, I am sharing it so that the community can gain something good out of it.
Even as a hosting provider myself, I can't match their price.

I'd highly recommend their EX series at

Just get an additional nVME for OS and apps if you go with their HDD

aff

0   0   0
Credits
is there a way to avoid paying VAT? its ridiculous amount you have to pay 1/3 for VAT only

OP
Shu

Shu

BOSS OG
Admin

2   0   0
Credits
There's no VAT for me because I don't reside in any of those countries that have listed.

I think you can bypass it too by selecting "All Others" in their country selection menu up top. And if they ask you for ID proof just offer to pay them 20 euro instead. That way you'll save more on the long term while keeping your identity hidden.

Just don't try to buy from them from behind a VPN/Proxy, they might flag your order

OP
Shu

Shu

BOSS OG
Admin

2   0   0
Credits
That was quick.

jdr7181

0   0   0
Credits
I just noticed that Hetzner is celebrating its 10th year anniversary in the industry and I have to say this. I have been with them from the past 1.5 years and I have loved them. Even when I had issues, they were quick to replace my whole server and move me to a new rack and they even mount the ISO file I send them on a usb and stick it to the server so I can install over KVM-console.

as a disclaimer, I don't get paid for posting it here and there's no personal gain, I am sharing it so that the community can gain something good out of it.
Even as a hosting provider myself, I can't match their price.

I'd highly recommend their EX series at

Just get an additional nVME for OS and apps if you go with their HDD
Wow! I am blown away by Hetzner's prices. Wow, wow, wow! I am working on a site that allows people to upload and view videos of episodes of their favorite cancelled soap operas. Many of these videos are uploaded to YouTube and similar video sharing sites, but inevitably are struck because of copyrights issues. Big question for me is how is Hetzner with copyrighted content? Do you think Hetzner is a good fit for this kind of site? Thanks for the recommendation. Even if I can't do this site with Hetzner, it's still a great big WOW! Excellent resource!

jdr

OP
Shu

Shu

BOSS OG
Admin

2   0   0
Credits
Hey buddy, I wouldn't recommend hetzner if the copyrighted content is going to be publicly accessible. They'll forward you the abuse reports and if you get a few in a day they'll cancel the server without question

Akamai

Gods Hell Bent For Glory

0   0   0
Credits
ig question for me is how is Hetzner with copyrighted content?
Hide your IP behind Cloudflare.
For extra caution you can use a VPS as a reverse proxy to your main servers.
I am aware that hetzner is not good with copyrighted content but i also do know that many pirates are still using Hetzner, without any problem.

OP
Shu

Shu

BOSS OG
Admin

2   0   0
Credits
I personally use hetzner too. Hiding it behind cf doesn't work because cf will forward the abuse report to the hetzner's noc emails automatically so it's a waste. But yes one can always reverse proxy everything from a VPS which has enough bandwidth and is okay with DMCA abuse reports

Akamai

Gods Hell Bent For Glory

0   0   0
Credits
Hiding it behind cf doesn't work because cf will forward the abuse report to the hetzner's
Oh I see, Cloudflare is actually fighting many legal battles right now.. Maybe they are bit sensitive to pirated content. Recent Example was Gounlimited & Fushaar.
Although, I think the best way to tackle DMCA is to comply. Providing a dmca specific email like [email protected] can make things easy. When you get dmca from legitimate Rights holder, remove the content. For long run, I believe this is safest path.

OP
Shu

Shu

BOSS OG
Admin

2   0   0
Credits
Most automated bots just look at the title, scan the site for download links and then go on with sending an email to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] for the domain name, hosting provider or Cloudflare AND the subnet owner so having a [email protected] is handy but not all that useful. It will ofc let you deal with the manually submitted reports yourself which are a lot better than getting random emails via providers. In my case as a hosting provider, I regularly receive those emails and my provider who I rent IPs from gets them too.

The email in cc is my IP provider