What Dedicated Hosting for Storage?

Which provider would you choose for Storage Server?

• OVH

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Hetzner

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Online.net

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M247

• Other

• Total voters

xim

GODFATHER
Admin

0   0   0
Credits
As we know there is a lot of dedicated hosting. However, there are some providers that are simply too good and can't actually be ignored. Especially when it comes to DMCA content or the price.
I have now added four providers. Which one would you personally choose? Price or performance?
  • OVH
  • Hetzner
  • Online.net
  • M247
Or would you recommend other providers? Why?

sp0t

0   0   0
Credits
I would add Worldstream.nl

They have very nice deals from time to time and they offer bitcoin payment :)

Shu

BOSS OG
Admin

2   0   0
Credits
For cheap storage, I always try to go for hetzner. Got a few servers with them since my own network is quite expensive for dedicated unmetered connection.
OVH is decent but doesn't come close to hetzner the price/GB ratio. However, their burst is nice.
Online.net was a disaster, their network was great but the hardware sucked even on the newer range. One of their older atom servers with 2.5Gbps uplink (fair share) had almost a decade old spinning rust.
Never used M247. Not a fan of hosting or downloading in UK.

About other providers, it really depends on what you want to do.
If you need cold storage. You can get a small VPS from BuyVM and add storage slabs which cost $5/500GB HDD.
Another one is nocix/wholesaleinternet, they have some low-end servers with old HDDs. But if you get an abuse report they'll suspend your server immediately and charge you $40 to restore it.
I can also think of Time4VPS and their storage deals if you are okay with slow network and cpu. They were good but now I can't justify the price with them anymore considering the performance. But ye you can torrent on them.